Achieving the Dream
Tarrant County College has taken an important step toward increased student access and success by joining the nationwide movement, Achieving the Dream: Community Colleges Count.
Achieving the Dream: It Is All About Student Success
A national nonprofit, Achieving the Dream is dedicated to helping more community college students—particularly low-income students and students of color—succeed.
Success means that students:
- Complete developmental instruction and advance to credit-bearing courses
- Enroll in and successfully complete gateway courses in subjects such as math and English
- Complete courses they take with a grade of “C” or better
- Continue from one semester to the next
- Earn a degree or certificate
Achieving the Dream at TCC
Our student-centered, evidence-based interventions are built on the values of equity and excellence.
Dedicated teams across the District and across functions are identifying priorities, setting goals and implementing strategies—all designed to strengthen our institution.
Throughout our three-year process, we will be focusing on:
- Identifying barriers to student success through data and engagement
- Setting priorities to close student achievement gaps
- Developing processes for continuous improvement and use of best practices
Updated January 26, 2015