The Dietary Manager Program is designed to prepare those assuming supervisory positions
in health care food service departments. This Dietary Manager Program is approved
by the Dietary Managers Association and is endorsed by the Texas Department of Human
Resources. This program offers:
- On the job training for people with leadership qualities
- Learning through practical projects
- Developing abilities in food service management
- Understanding the importance of nutrition in planning, preparing and serving food
- Qualifies for Continuing Education financial aid
- Dietary Manager I
- Dietary Manager II
Upon course completion (70% and above), graduates are eligible for membership in the
Dietary Managers Association and to take their credentialing examination.
Admission Requirements and Procedures
- High school diploma, GED certificate or transcript showing successful completion of
college credit course work must be presented the first day of class.
- Employment in a health care dietary department in which training activities can be
- Facility administrator written permission to complete assignments at the workplace.
[Dietary Manager Agreement form (PDF file will open in new window)]
- Availability of a qualified preceptor for coordinating the entire 150 hours of filed
experience and directly supervising 50 of those hours in nutrition related experiences.
A DTR and CDM may precept only non-nutrition portion.
Southeast Campus Continuing Education Services
Terry Aaron, Director
Updated August 26, 2013