- Be 18 years of age or older
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Have good health with no communicable diseases
- Have no criminal background
- Be drug-free
This program requires three pieces of information before enrollment authorization
- High school, college or GED diploma or a transcript with dates
- Completion of Health Certificate*
- As of January 2012, all students will have to provide bacterial meningitis vaccination
records. For more information, please refer to TCC's Meningitis Vaccinations page regarding immunization and exemptions.
* Obtained after an in-person meeting or via email. Because students will be working on each other in addition to clients in the clinic,
a form showing freedom from contagious skin conditions is required, as it is required
with other healthcare programs at TCC. Students will not be allowed to register for
classes until this Health Certificate is signed by their doctor or physician and submitted.
If any student presents health conditions that may caution against standing for hours
at a time or receiving massage, that student will not be allowed to enroll in the
program until we receive a letter or note from the physician stating the physical
requirements of the program can be met.
- Pick up an information packet.
- Return the following two forms to the Continuing Education office in SERS 1110, SHSC 1603 or SHPE 1412A:
- A copy of your high school or GED diploma or transcript from any academic institution. We can accept diplomas from other countries, too, after verification.
- The Health Certificate
- Pages one and three are filled out by the student.
- Page two requires a physician's signature.
- Dana Gunter will call you to verify the information received once your documents are on file with our staff.
- You will receive clearance to register once the information is approved.
To register in person:
- Come to the Health Sciences building.
- Pick up an authorized registration form.
- Arrange payment of tuition.
- Without financial aid: Be prepared to pay the full tuition amount; this is what secures your place in the
- With financial aid: Coordinate with Business Services for financial aid or a payment plan. This is a
Dana C. Gunter
Updated June 09, 2014