Professional Truck Driver
Our 160-hour program will train you to become a licensed professional truck driver.
We provide you with:
- Qualified instructors
- Training equipment (including trucks and trailers)
After you complete both courses, you will be eligible to test for the Texas Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL)
Professional Truck Driver I (80 hours)
Overview of the State of Texas Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL) written test.
- Prepare for mastery of the CDL written exams
- Study Department of Transportation (D.O.T.) regulations
- Learn hours of service requirements
- Build skills in:
- Map reading
- Basic street driving
- Basic backing maneuvers
Tuition: $1,835.50 (includes textbooks and licensing fee)
Professional Truck Driver II (80 hours)
A continuation of Professional Truck Driver I.
- Receive intermediate and advanced training in:
- Street driving
- Backing maneuvers
- Review and test your CDL skills
Tuition: $1,835.50 (includes textbooks and licensing fees)
To be eligible, you must:
- Have valid/current Texas driver's license
- Be at least 21 years of age for cross-country over-the-road
Be at least 18 years of age for use within Texas
- Pass Department of Transportation (DOT) physical
- Pass a drug screening and background check
How to Get Started
Find our our schedule of classes online:
- Go to WebAdvisor in your Web browser.
- Select Click here to see current class offerings.
- Select the Continuing Education Term you want.
- Select CVOP Professional Truck Driver from the subject list
- Select your course(s):
- CVOP 1013 Professional Truck Driver I
- CVOP 1040 Professional truck Drive II
Learn how to register.
Truck Driver Training
Continuing Education Services
Updated March 20, 2014