Chemistry for Allied Health Professions
- Which Chemistry classes do I need before entering an allied health program?
Allied health programs usually require Chemistry 1406. Check directly with the programs you are interested in to be sure of their requirements.
- In what order should I take the prerequisites for nursing school?
Nursing advisors recommend that you take chemistry before taking anatomy I and II and microbiology.
- Do I need to take a chemistry class before I take Chemistry 1406?
Chemistry 1406 does not have any chemistry prerequisites.
- Can I enroll in chemistry lecture on one campus and chemistry lab on another campus?
No. The lecture and lab must be taken on the same campus.
- What math level should I have in order to take Chemistry 1406?
You should be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide with decimals and fractions. You should be able to rearrange simple algebraic equations.
Updated June 22, 2015