Chemistry for Medical and Professional Programs


  • Which Chemistry classes do I need before medical school, dental school or pharmacy school?
    Usually these programs require Chemistry 1411, 1412, 2423 and 2425. This includes the year-long General Chemistry sequence and the year-long Organic Chemistry sequence. Check directly with the programs you are interested in to be sure of their requirements.

  • I'm in a hurry to get to my professional school. Can I take general chemistry and organic chemistry at the same time?
    Bad idea! A strong foundation in general chemistry is required in organic chemistry.

  • I'm really in a hurry to get to my professional school. Can I take organic chemistry I and II at the same time?
    A really bad idea! You must know everything in organic I to understand anything in organic II.

  • Can I enroll in chemistry lecture on one campus and chemistry lab on another campus?
    No. The lecture and lab must be taken on the same campus.


Updated June 22, 2015


Tarrant County College District 1500 Houston Street Fort Worth, Texas 76102 • Information Center: 817-515-8223 Hearing / Speech Impaired (TTY)
Online Institutional Resumes (per Sec. 51A.002, Texas Education Code) • An Achieving the Dream Institution
Report A Problem • Report Fraud