Chemistry for Science and Engineering Majors


  • Which chemistry courses do I need as a chemistry or biology or physics major?
    You will need Chemistry 1411 then Chemistry 1412.

    If you have not taken chemistry in high school, it is suggested that you take Chemistry 1405 or 1406 first to prepare for Chemistry 1411.

    Chemistry and biology majors will also need Chemistry 2423 and 2425.

  • What level of math do I need for Chemistry 1411?
    It is suggested that you have college algebra or the equivalent knowledge before taking Chemistry 1411. Chemistry 1412 students need strong algebra skills.

  • I made a good grade in chemistry lab but did not pass the lecture class. Can I take only the lecture but not the lab?
    No. The lecture and lab are reported as 1 grade at TCC and must be taken together during the same semester.

  • Can I take chemistry lecture on one campus and lab on a different campus?
    No. You must take both the lecture and lab on the same campus.


Updated June 22, 2015


Tarrant County College District 1500 Houston Street Fort Worth, Texas 76102 • Information Center: 817-515-8223 Hearing / Speech Impaired (TTY)
Online Institutional Resumes (per Sec. 51A.002, Texas Education Code) • An Achieving the Dream Institution
Report A Problem • Report Fraud