An 18-hour dance specialization is available for students on Northeast and Northwest
Campuses who have a strong interest in dance technique and performance.
Reasons to Complete the Specialization
- Transfer to a university-level dance program
- Promotion or pay raise for dance studio teachers
- Opportunity to broaden technical and performance experience in dance
Specialization Course Requirements: 18 Credit Hours
- Modern Dance - 4 semesters (4 credit hours)
- Ballet - 4 semesters (4 credit hours)
- Jazz and/or Tap - 2 semesters (2 credit hours)
- Dance Performance - 2 semesters (2 credit hours)
- Dance Appreciation - 1 semester (3 credit hours)
- Dance Composition - 1 semester (3 credit hours)
At the completion of 18 hours in the dance specialization, the student will receive
a written recognition of accomplishments in dance technique and performance.
This dance specialization is not a certificate of completion.
This program is offered for students who wish to transfer to a university to pursue a degree in dance.
Updated June 03, 2014