If you are a student on Northeast or Northwest Campus who has a strong interest in
dance technique and performance, you can complete an 18-hour dance specialization.
We offer this program for students who wish to transfer to a university to pursue a degree in dance.
Reasons to Complete the Specialization
- Transfer to a university-level dance program
- Promotion or pay raise for dance studio teachers
- Opportunity to broaden technical and performance experience in dance
Specialization Course Requirements: 18 Credit Hours
- Modern Dance–4 semesters (4 credit hours)
- Ballet–4 semesters (4 credit hours)
- Jazz and/or Tap–2 semesters (2 credit hours)
- Dance Performance–2 semesters (2 credit hours)
- Dance Appreciation–1 semester (3 credit hours)
- Dance Composition–1 semester (3 credit hours)
Upon the completion of 18 hours in the dance specialization, you will receive a written
recognition of accomplishments in dance technique and performance.
This dance specialization is not a certificate of completion.
Updated June 23, 2015