How do I apply to TCC’s Dietary Manager Certificate Program?
Apply to the Program
- Program InformationListen (PDF will open in a new window)
- Application PacketListen (PDF will open in a new window)
- Fall Admission: May 1
- Spring Admission: December 1
How do I know if I am eligible to apply?
To be eligible, you must:
- Have a TCC Student Identification Number
- Be TSI Compliant
Certificate in Dietary Manager is a non-competitive program.
What do I need to do to successfully complete the program?
- Fulfill all program requirements
- Complete all courses with a C or better
What are the program requirements?
Total hours: 20
If you are not enrolled in dietetics courses for 2 consecutive semesters, you will be removed from the program.
Practicum provides supervised practice experience in real life situations. You are required to complete 1 practicum course, with a minimum of 150 hours.
After you complete your Dietary Manager Certificate, you must be verified by the program director in order to take the credentialing examination to become a Certified Dietary Manager, Certified Food Protection Professional (CDM®|CFPP®). To be eligible to sit for the ANFP credentialing exam, you must have:
- Successfully completed all 20 credit Dietary Manager Certificate courses with a C or better
- Received satisfactory evaluation on core competencies by preceptors
- Attended an exit meeting during the last 2 weeks of class of your final semester to complete appropriate paperwork for submission to ANFP
How can I become a Certified Dietary Manager (CDM)?
Once you have passed ANFP's Credentialing Exam, you can apply for certified status.
The Nutrition & Foodservice Education Foundation offers grants and scholarships to support nutrition and foodservice professionals. Learn more: Grants & Scholarships.
How much will this program cost?
|Program Component||Estimated Cost|
|Uniforms and Shoes||250|
|Professional Organization membership||64|
|Application for Licensure Exam||450|
Updated February 12, 2016