Engineering vs Engineering Technology
What are the differences between Engineering and Engineering Technology?
- The application of scientific and technical knowledge to solve human problems.
- The result is the design, production, and operation of useful objects or processes.
- Develop solutions for open-ended, complex and unique design problems.
- Develop new methods of analysis.
Engineering technology (Implementation)
- Profession in which a knowledge of mathematics and natural sciences gained by higher
education or experience.
- Practice is devoted primarily to the implementation and extension of existing technology
for the benefit of humanity.
- Apply current knowledge and practices to the solution of specific technical problems
and standard design problems.
Updated August 22, 2013