When you study French, you are not only learning a language rich in history and culture,
but you are also opening doors to greater career opportunities.
French Language Is Increasingly Useful
Spoken on five continents by over 200 million people in more than 50 countries, the
French language is as valuable today as it has been in the past, and its importance
is still growing.
"The latest projection is that French will be spoken by 750 million people by 2050,"
according to Want to Know the Language of the Future? The Data Suggests It Could Be...French (Forbes magazine).
French and Texas
- Texas ranks among the top 10 states exporting to France.
- Texas ranks third among the top 15 states for employment by French majority-owned
French | Francés at TCC (PDFs will open in a new window) focuses on communication skills and cultural understanding. We offer several choices,
so you can select the program that fits your needs:
- Traditional on-campus courses as well as distance courses delivered via Internet
- Beginning French for students who have little or no previous study of French
- Intermediate-level core courses for those with some experience with French
- Electives for those who want to develop and refine their French skills
Mary Williams, Ph.D.
Updated April 04, 2014