When you study French, you are not only learning a language rich in history and culture,
but you are also opening doors to greater career opportunities.
French Language Is Increasingly Useful
Spoken on five continents by over 200 million people in more than 50 countries, the
French language is as valuable today as it has been in the past, and its importance
is still growing.
"The number of French speakers across the world grew 25 percent since 2010," according
to Rise in French Speakers since 2010 a boost for France (Reuters.com).
French and Texas
- Texas ranks among the top 10 states exporting to France.
- Texas ranks third among the top 15 states for employment by French majority-owned
French | Francés at TCC (PDFs will open in a new window) focuses on communication skills and cultural understanding. We offer several choices,
so you can select the program that fits your needs:
- Traditional on-campus courses as well as distance courses delivered via Internet
- Beginning French for students who have little or no previous study of French
- Intermediate-level core courses for those with some experience with French
- Electives for those who want to develop and refine their French skills
Mary Williams, Ph.D.
Updated November 12, 2014