French Language Is Increasingly Useful
Spoken on 5 continents by over 200 million people in more than 50 countries, the French language is as valuable today as it has been in the past, and its importance is still growing.
"The number of French speakers across the world grew 25 percent since 2010," according to Rise in French Speakers since 2010 a boost for France (Reuters.com).
French and Texas
- Texas ranks among the top 10 states exporting to France.
- Texas ranks third among the top 15 states for employment by French majority-owned U.S. affiliates.
- Traditional on-campus courses as well as distance courses delivered via Internet
- Beginning French for students who have little or no previous study of French
- Intermediate-level core courses for those with some experience with French
- Electives for those who want to develop and refine their French skills
Mary Williams, Ph.D.
Updated June 24, 2015