The Health Information Technology (HIT) Program is selective admissions, which means you have to meet certain requirements to apply.
Your eligibility is determined by your Applicant Score, which is based on:
- The grades you earned in college credit courses within the past five (5) years
- Specific work and continuing education experience
What Are the Application Requirements?
For your application to be considered, you must:
- Have a TCC Student Identification Number
You receive this number when you are accepted to TCC.
- Meet TCC’s Texas Success Initiative (TSI) requirements
- Have completed prerequisite science courses (or the equivalents) within five (5) years from time of deadline.
- BIOL 2401 (Anatomy & Physiology I)
- BIOL 2402 (Anatomy & Physiology II)
How Do You Get My Applicant Score?
Students who participate in the program are selected based on the Applicant Score.
Applicant Score = Cumulative Grade Point Average of past 5 years + Bonus Points
Do I Have Bonus Points?
Bonus Points are assigned based on the grades you earned in school before applying to this program.
For more details about the Bonus Point scale and the courses included, please see the Health Information Technology Associate of Applied Science Degree Plan (PDF will open in a new window).
You have the option to earn additional bonus pointsthrough:
- Participation in specified continuing education courses
This bonus point option will not be offered for the 2015 application cycle.
- Attendance at Allied Health Information Session
This bonus point option is satisfied by attending an Allied Health Information Session. For details about these sessions, call our Allied Health Academic Advisor at 817-515-2453.
- Work experience in a related field (PDFs will open in a new window)
How Do I Apply?
If you meet the application requirements, then you are eligible to download the following materials to apply (All documents are PDF and will open in a new window):
- Health Information Technology Program Advisement Packet
Read this 5-page document to make sure you understand and can complete the selective admissions process.
- Health Information Technology Application Checklist
Use the Checklist as your map to confirm that you meet the requirements and complete the application process.
- Health Information Technology Associate of Applied Science Degree Plan
Refer to this document for details about prerequisite courses, the Bonus Point system and Health Information Technology (HIT) program courses.
Healthcare Professions Division
Updated April 20, 2015