Many disciplines are included in the study of human beings and the cultural products they create, including:
- Fine arts
- Political science
The Humanities are about "human ties" or the connective thread that unites all of humanity, past, present and future. Examining what it means to be human—whether though an ancient Greek sculpture, a Renaissance invention, or a contemporary American political debate—is at the heart of the Humanities. Critical thinking, creativity and self-expression are skills that are valued and developed in Humanities courses at TCC.
Humanities at TCC:
- Connect to almost every other college discipline
- Develop skills employers look for: creativity, critical thinking and global awareness
- Promote active participation in the learning process
- Inspire and empower you with relevant subject matter and big ideas
- Encourage you to think independently and develop opinions
- Offer something for all interests–whether it's art, history or politics
- Transfer to any Texas state college or university with completion of the core curriculum
Our dedicated, student-centered faculty have fresh ideas and teach with interactive methods.
Trinity River Campus
Updated June 25, 2015