Journalism / Communications
When you enroll in the writing and editing courses, you not only gain the knowledge needed to transfer to a 4-year college, but you also gain practical experience, a segment often missing at many universities.
Journalism helps you:
- Become a savvy consumer of mass media
- Write for print, broadcast and online
- Edit copy for publication or broadcast
- Display stories and photographs to draw interest
- Shoot newsworthy photos for publication
The skills learned through journalism courses can help you seek work in:
- Public relations
- General business
Field of Study
If you complete a field of study in Journalism/Mass Communications, you can transfer your credits into any Texas state school for its freshman/sophomore course requirements in the field.
Eddye Gallagher, director TCC student publications, assistant professor journalism
Updated June 25, 2015