General Education Course Requirements
- The following science courses must be completed before applying:
- BIOL 2401 Anatomy and Physiology I
- BIOL 2402 Anatomy and Physiology II
- BIOL 2420 Microbiology
- CHEM 1406 Essentials of General/Biological Chemistry
Refer to the catalog to see the nursing degree plan and a list of all the required general education courses
- Only the highest grade from the first two (2) attempts on any science course will
be considered for admission. The exception to this rule will be a science course that
is required to be taken more than twice because it is older than five (5) years. Any
s will be considered one of the two attempts.
- All prerequisite science courses (except CHEM 1406) must be completed within five
(5) years of the submission of the application to the Nursing Program. Any sciences
older than five (5) years will need to be re-taken.
- Transfer and international students must submit a transcript evaluation.
- The Health Education System, Inc. (HESI) test is a required admission test. It has
four (4) sections: Math, Reading, Grammar and Vocabulary. For instructions, please
read HESI 2A Test Procedure (PDF will open in a new window).
- Note: You must earn a minimum score of 70 on each section of the HESI A2.
A transfer student is one who initially enrolled in a nursing program at another college
or university. Please refer to the college catalog for residency hour requirement.
Transfer students who wish to apply to our Nursing Program need to contact the Nursing
Trinity River Campus East
245 East Belknap Street
Fort Worth TX 76102
Updated August 05, 2014