New Student Orientation
If you are a newly admitted applicant, you are expected to attend New Student Orientation, a 2-day information seminar that will give you information and tips to help you successfully complete the program. The date, time and location of New Student Orientation are sent in the admission letter.
Attendance of New Student Orientation is mandatory.
Texas Administrative Code (TAC) requires all students in health related programs to be immunized prior to enrollment in classes where patient contact is a component.
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR): 2 doses required or (+) titer
- Tdap: every 10 years
- Varicella (Chicken Pox): either (+) titer or 2 injections
- Hepatitis B: a series of 3 doses required (takes 6 months to complete) or (+) titer
- Hepatitis A: a series of 2 doses required (takes 6 months to complete) or (+) titer
- Seasonal Flu: required annually when vaccine is available
- Tuberculosis (TB) Test: annually
If positive, a chest x-ray and the TB Questionnaire (PDF will open in a new window) are required.
You are required to have health insurance throughout the program. TCC does not offer College-sponsored student health insurance.
The following companies offer student insurance but are not endorsed by TCC:
- Associated Insurance Plans International, Inc.
- E.J. Smith & Associates
- Fortis-Academic Risk Management, Inc.
- Global Underwriters
- Insurance for Students, Inc.
- Student Benefits International
- Student Resources a Division of The MEGA Life and Health Insurance Company
You must have a current American Heart Health Care Provider CPR Certification.
CPR courses are provided through our Community & Industry Education on Northeast Campus and through most area hospitals. The TCC Nursing Department usually offers the course prior to the long semesters. Courses are also offered at various other local agencies.
Online CPR courses are not accepted.
Note: Certification must be approved only by the American Heart Association.
ImmuniTrax™ is an online system that helps us keep track of your immunization information. You will learn how to use ImmuniTrax™ when you attend New Student Orientation.
You must submit your documentation of the following to ImmuniTrax™:
- Physical exam
- Tuberculosis screen
- Required immunizations
- CPR certification health insurance coverage
Criminal Background Check / Drug Screening
After being accepted to the program, but before classes begin, you must undergo and pass 2 criminal background checks and urine drug screening at your expense. There are no exceptions.
Admission is conditional pending verification of screening results.
Texas Board of Nursing Requirement
An FBI background check and fingerprinting are required for entrance into the program and are conducted after you apply and have been notified that you are accepted to the program or are an alternate.
Trinity River Campus East
245 East Belknap Street
Fort Worth TX 76102
Schedule an advising appointment
(Log in with your WebAdvisor username and password)
Updated July 02, 2015