All TCC priority registration rules apply.
Policies may change. Check with WebAdvisor for most recent policies.
When do I register for class?
Register for class online—on your assigned day or any day thereafter—through your WebAdvisor account from 6 a.m. to 11:59 p.m. daily.
Dates & Deadlines
- June 13, 2016, at 6 a.m.: Registration for Nursing courses begins, per registration calendar and according to the TCC priority registration schedule.
- June 30, 2016,at midnight: Registration for Nursing courses ends.
After June 30, 2016, the Nursing Department will handle enrollment in nursing courses.
What if I’m a returning or transfer student?
Our assistant director, Mary Wiehardt, will contact you if you are returning or retaking a course.
The Nursing Department will handle registration for returning students based on available space.
What if I’m returning after withdrawing or failing a Nursing course?
You may not register until placed in a course if you have withdrawn from the Nursing Program for any reason or if you failed a Nursing course and are returning in Fall 2016.
A urine drug test and a background check are required after any break (1+ long semester) in enrollment in the Nursing Program. Skills remediation will also be required.
Please contact the Nursing office for more information.
When do I pay for class?
Tuition and fees are due when you register for classes. All unpaid classes are dropped nightly.
Before registering for class:
- Make your payment arrangements.
- Check with business services for outstanding fees that might block you from registering.
You can pay your tuition online through your WebAdvisor account until 1 a.m. daily.
You will not be dropped if you are a financial aid and scholarship student, a VA Chapter 33 recipient or other sponsored student who has made payment arrangements with Business Services.
How do I register for my Nursing classes?
- Do not register for more than 1 theory and 1 clinical section per course.
- If you register for more than 1 section, Nursing administration will randomly drop 1 of the sections. The section dropped may not be your preference.
- Do register for both theory and clinical.
- Theory and clinical sections have been linked together so you are able to register for a clinical and a theory section that do not conflict.
- Note that the Nursing administration reserves the right to re-assign clinical placements based on administrative needs.
- Faculty assignments are subject to change based on administrative needs.
What about online sections?
- You are required to take Online Readiness before you can register for an online section:
- If you have never taken an online course at TCC or
- if you have taken an online course but did not receive a grade of C or better
- Online courses are not for everyone.
- You are discouraged from taking an online nursing course if you have not been successful in a face-to-face or online Nursing course in the past.
- You will need to report to campus for exams if you register for online/hybrid/blended theory courses.
- Dates and times will be determined by your instructor.
- Contact an assistant director if you are concerned about taking an online section.
- Online courses are linked to clinical sections.
Do I need any documentation?
By the first day of clinical, you must have:
- Documentation of current CPR (must be American Heart Association Health Care Provider)
- TB screening
- Proof of health insurance (must be on file in Immunitrax)
You cannot attend clinical without these being current through the last day of the Spring 2017 semester.
A seasonal flu immunization is required to attend clinical for Fall 2016–Spring 2017 academic year.
- You will receive this immunization after the start of the Fall 2016 semester.
- If you do not have a flu shot:
- Your health care provider must sign a waiver.
- You must give a copy of the waiver to the facility.
- You will have to follow hospital protocol while in clinical.
What are Fall 2016 self-registration Nursing courses?
You will self-register in:
Foundations and Adult courses are placed in clinical groups.
Trinity River Campus East
245 East Belknap Street
Fort Worth TX 76102
Schedule an advising appointment
(Log in with your WebAdvisor username and password)
Updated May 13, 2016