In addition to submitting a selective admission application, applicants must:
- Submit all official transcripts from each accredited college attended to TCC Registrar.
Request a transcript evaluation be completed.
- Submit the official high school transcript, if you have less than 12 college credit
- Satisfy reading, writing and math requirements (PDF will open in new window), A.A.S. programs only.
- Have met immunization requirements.
- Be able to pass a criminal background check/drug screening.
- Submit your essay; an
essay is required for physical therapist assistant program only.
The following information is in accordance to the Dallas-Fort Worth Hospital Council Foundation Community Standards for Drug Screening,
Background Checks and Immunizations (PDF will open in a new window) as of January 1, 2013.
The Texas Administrative Code (TAC) and Dallas-Fort Worth Hospital Council Foundation requires all students in health related programs to be immunized prior to enrollment in classes where patient contact is a component.
- TDap (Tetanus, Diphtheria and Pertussis) – documentation of one (1) dose within every
ten (10) years
- MMR (Rubeola/Measles, Mumps, Rubella/German Measles) – documentation of two (2) doses
or positive titers
- Hepatitis B – one series of three (3) doses required [may take six (6) months to complete]
- Hepatitis A – documentation of vaccination or titer
- Varicella – documentation of vaccination or titer
- Influenza (Flu Shot) – required annually during flu season
- Tuberculosis Test – performed every 12 months
Students are required to have health insurance when doing clinical coursework. TCC
does not offer college sponsored student health insurance. The following companies
offer student insurance, but are not endorsed by TCC.
Criminal Background Check/Drug Screening
After being accepted to the program, but before classes begin, students must undergo
and pass a criminal background check and drug screening. These screenings will be
administered through the College and will be at the student's expense. There are no
Healthcare Professions Division
Updated July 21, 2014