In addition to submitting a selective admission application, you must:
- Submit all official transcripts from each accredited college attended to TCC Registrar. Request a transcript evaluation be completed.
- Submit your official high school transcript if you have less than 12 college credit hours.
- Satisfy reading, writing and math requirements (PDF will open in new window), A.A.S. programs only.
- Have met immunization requirements.
- Be able to pass a criminal background check/drug screening.
- Submit your essay; an essay is required for physical therapist assistant program only.
The following information is in accordance to the Dallas-Fort Worth Hospital Council Foundation Community Standards for Drug Screening, Background Checks and Immunizations (PDF will open in a new window) as of January 1, 2013.
The Texas Administrative Code (TAC) and Dallas-Fort Worth Hospital Council Foundation requires all students in health related programs to be immunized prior to enrollment in classes where patient contact is a component.
- TDap (Tetanus, Diphtheria and Pertussis): documentation of 1 dose within every 10 years
- MMR (Rubeola/Measles, Mumps, Rubella/German Measles): documentation of 2 doses or positive titers
- Hepatitis B: 1 series of 3 doses required (may take 6 months to complete)
- Hepatitis A: documentation of 2 doses required or a titer
- Varicella: documentation of 2 doses required or a titer
- Influenza (Flu Shot): required annually during flu season
- Tuberculosis Test: performed every 12 months
You are required to have health insurance when doing clinical coursework. TCC does not offer College-sponsored student health insurance. The following companies offer student insurance but are not endorsed by TCC.
- Associated Insurance Plans International, Inc
- E.J. Smith & Associates
- Insurance for Students
- Student Benefits International
- Student Health Insurance
Criminal Background Check/Drug Screening
After you are in the program, you will have to undergo and pass a criminal background check and a drug screening. These checks will be administered through the College and will be at your expense. The Coordinator of the program will let you know when these are needed. There are no exceptions.
Healthcare Professions Division
Updated June 29, 2015