Areas of Study
Successful completion of the program will provide the graduate:
- Knowledge of the principles of anatomy, physiology, pathology and basic physics.
- Familiarization with common drugs, medications, chemicals and solutions.
- Knowledge of medical and physical therapy terminology.
- Knowledge of and practical experience with patient care and safety measures.
- An understanding of the history of physical therapy, the total medical team, human
relations, professional ethics, legal responsibilities, evidence-based practice and
administrative procedures in health care institutions.
- A thorough understanding and proficiency in the uses of the materials, procedures
and techniques in the areas of physical agent modalities, gait training, functional
activities, therapeutic exercise programs, patient education and assistive and support
- The academic requirement for applying for licensure as a working PTA.
Healthcare Professions Division
Updated August 26, 2013