The Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) Program is selective admissions, which means you have to meet certain requirements to apply.
Your eligibility is determined by your Applicant Score, which is based on:
- The grades you earned in college credit courses within the past 5 years
- Specific work and continuing education experience
PTA Program 2015 Admissions Information Booklet (PDF will open in a new window)
What Are the Application Requirements?
For your application to be considered, you must:
- Have a TCC Student Identification Number
You receive this number when you are accepted to TCC.
- Meet TCC’s Texas Success Initiative (TSI) requirements
- Submit Research Paper to the program coordinator
- Paper criteria can be found in the PTA Program 2015 Admissions Information Booklet (PDF will open in a new window).
How Do You Get My Applicant Score?
You are selected to participate in the program based on your Applicant Score.
Applicant Score = Cumulative Grade Point Average of past 5 years + Bonus Points
Do I Have Bonus Points?
Bonus Points are assigned based on the grades you earned in school before applying to this program.
For more details about the Bonus Point scale and the courses included, please see the PTA Associate of Applied Science Degree Plan (PDF will open in a new window).
You have the option to earn additional bonus points through:
- Participation in specified continuing education courses
This bonus point option will not be offered for the 2015 application cycle.
- Attendance at Allied Health Information Session
Information sessions will be held several times this year. For details, call our Allied Health Academic Advisor at 817-515-2453.
- Work experience in a related field
The Work Experience form is in the PTA Program 2015 Admissions Information Booklet (PDF will open in a new window).
How Do I Apply?
If you meet the application requirements, then you are eligible to download the following materials to apply (All documents are PDF and will open in a new window):
- Physical Therapy Assistant Advisement Packet
Read this program advisement document to make sure you understand and can complete the selective admissions process.
- PTA Application Checklist
Use the Checklist as your map to confirm that you meet the requirements and complete the application process.
- PTA Associate of Applied Science Degree Plan
Refer to this document for details about prerequisite courses, the Bonus Point system and PTA program courses.
Healthcare Professions Division
Updated June 29, 2015