Each spring semester, a committee from the Allied Health Department selects a group
of qualified applicants. Students with complete applications are notified of their
status within three weeks after the program's deadline date. Those selected will begin
the program the following fall semester.
Selections are based on the student's cumulative, undergraduate grade point average
plus bonus points earned. Bonus points can be earned based on the following criteria:
- Completion of degree-specific general education courses prior to applying, with a
grade of "C" or higher.
Note: Science courses must have been completed within 5 years of program deadline date.
- Completion of college level courses from a regionally-accredited college or university,
with a grade of "C" or higher. Points are awarded proportionately to the number of
semester hours completed.
- Completion of a bachelor degree from regionally-accredited college or university.
- Work experience in the field (specific requirements apply).
Note: These bonus points are not awarded for all health sciences programs.
Before You Apply
Complete admissions process to the College. College admission is a separate process
from Program admission.
Please note that you can only apply to two selective admissions programs per year and must have differing deadline dates.
Request an Application Packet
- Online: PTA Program Application
- In person - Trinity River Campus East, Room TRHA 4008
- Please be aware that:
- Application packets are available beginning November 1.
- Application deadline is April 1.
Healthcare Professions Division
Updated October 15, 2013