Each spring semester, a committee from the Allied Health Department selects a group of qualified applicants. If you submit a complete application, you will be notified of your status within 3 weeks after the program's deadline date. You will begin the program the following fall semester if you are selected.
Selections are based on your cumulative, undergraduate grade point average plus bonus points earned. Bonus points can be earned based on the following criteria:
- Completion of degree-specific general education courses with a grade of "C" or higher
prior to applying.
Note: Science courses must have been completed within 5 years of program deadline date.
- Completion of college level courses with a grade of "C" or higher from a regionally accredited college or university. Points are awarded proportionately to the number of semester hours completed.
- Completion of a bachelor's degree from regionally accredited college or university.
- Work experience in the field (specific requirements apply).
Note: These bonus points are not awarded for all health sciences programs.
Before You Apply
Complete admissions process to the College. College admission is a separate process from Program admission.
Please note that you can only apply to 2 selective admissions programs per year. Both programs must have differing deadline dates.
Request an Application Packet
- Online: PTA Program Application
- In person: Trinity River Campus East, Room TRHA 2015B-S
- Please be aware that:
- Application packets are available beginning November 1.
- Application deadline is April 1.
Healthcare Professions Division
Updated June 29, 2015