Physics / Astronomy
We provide a variety of courses in physics that fully prepare both science majors and non-science majors for transfer to universities or entrance in professional schools.
Physics is a basic physical science dealing with:
- Mechanics–force, energy and motion
- Atomic structure
Astronomy is a branch of physics that studies celestial bodies and the universe as a whole.
Physics and Astronomy Students
- Complete a variety of investigations in mechanics, thermodynamics, waves, electricity and magnetism, electronics, optics and modern physics.
- Have access to laboratories equipped with the latest technology.
- Complete a broad range of activities in planetary, stellar and galactic astronomy.
- Have access to a variety of telescopes for ample viewing.
Marles McCurdy, Professor of Physics and Astronomy
Juan Barbarin-Castillo, Physical Sciences Chair
Charles Moore, Instructor of Physics
John J. Coniglio, Ph.D., Chair, Physical Sciences Department
Trinity River Campus
Mark Eley, Chair, Life Sciences
Updated June 25, 2015