Available on Trinity River Campus East Only
Come to an information session about our program.
Radiologic Technology is a selective admission, 2-year Associate of Applied Science degree program.
Role of the Radiologic Technologist, RT(R)
The role of the radiologic technologist is diverse and offers many pathways within diagnostic imaging. In the forefront of medical imaging, the technologist must be able to work with confidence in pressure situations.
To graduate radiologic technologists who demonstrate clinical competency, professionalism, critical thinking skills and communication skills.
Our Goals and Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of our program, you should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Goal 1: You will demonstrate clinical competence.
- Accomplish selected radiologic exams.
- Complete the ARRT Clinical Competency Checklist.
- Goal 2: You will demonstrate professionalism.
- Initiate professional behavior through membership.
- Display professionalism within the clinical setting.
- Goal 3: You will demonstrate critical thinking skills.
- Employ critical thinking skills in the radiologic laboratory.
- Employ critical thinking skills in an RADR Clinical Practicum course.
- Goal 4: You will demonstrate communication skills.
- Display effective communication in clinic.
- Exhibit communication skill in the academic environment.
The Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT) collects completion rates, credentialing examination pass rates and job placement rates for accredited programs across the country.
Talk to an academic advisor
Appointments are required:
Questions? Call us:
- 817-515-2453 or
Updated February 11, 2016