The Railroad Dispatcher Training Program is designed to train you in the rules, regulations
and procedures of a railroad dispatcher. You use computer systems in a hands-on simulated
Graduates are able to move trains safely and efficiently across an assigned territory.
This certificate program is taught only on the Northwest Campus and requires specific
time and cost commitments.
2015 Application Guidelines
Applications for the 2015 classes will be accepted on a rolling basis. You will need
to submit only one application to be considered for all 2015 classes.
To be eligible, you must:
- Have, as a required qualification, 30 semester hours of credit from a regionally accredited college or university. Check your college's or university's website to make sure it is accredited by a
regional accrediting agency.
- Have a diploma from an accredited high schoolor a GED.
- Be willing to transfer to another location if necessary.
- Submit complete, eligible application.
Selective Admissions Process
Prospective Railroad Dispatcher students must:
- Complete and submit the Application for the Railroad Dispatcher Training Program.
- Receive approval by the pre-screening panel and be scheduled for the Dispatcher Aptitude Test.
- Pass the Dispatcher Aptitude Test.
- Participate in an interview with a panel of industry representatives.
Once accepted into the program, you apply to TCC.
Specific dates and deadlines will be posted soon.
- January (2 classes)
Dispatcher Aptitude Test
Aptitude Tests will be available only to applicants who have:
- Submitted complete and eligible applications using the online application process.
- Been approved by the pre-screening committee.
Once approval for testing has been granted, applicants will be contacted by email
with instructions for testing.
- Testing will be completed online.
- Travel to TCC in Fort Worth will not be necessary for testing.
- Notice for testing permission will be sent by email.
Terri Kleam, TCC Northwest Campus Railroad Program Coordinator
4801 Marine Creek Parkway
Fort Worth, TX 76179-3599
Updated August 25, 2014