The Railroad Dispatcher Training Program is designed to train you in the rules, regulations
and procedures of a railroad dispatcher. You use computer systems in a hands-on simulated
Graduates are able to move trains safely and efficiently across an assigned territory.
This certificate program is taught only on the Northwest Campus and requires specific
time and cost commitments.
New Application Process
You can apply online—starting with the 2014 classes. See Application Information for the details.
To be eligible, you must:
- Have, as a desired qualification, 60 semester hours of credit from a regionally accredited college or university. Check your college's or university's website to make sure it is accredited by a
regional accrediting agency.
- Have, as a required qualification, 30 semester hours of college credit from a regionally accredited college or university and applicable documented technical training or work experience.
- Documentation for technical training must include contact hours or seat hours.
- Have a diploma from an accredited high schoolor a GED.
- Be willing to transfer to another location if necessary.
- Pass the selective admissions process.
Selective Admissions Process
Prospective Railroad Dispatcher students must:
- Complete and submit the Application for the Railroad Dispatcher Training Program.
- Receive approval by the pre-screening panel and be scheduled for the Dispatcher Aptitude Test.
- Pass the Dispatcher Aptitude Test.
- Participate in an interview with a panel of industry representatives.
Once accepted into the program, you apply to TCC.
Important Dates and Deadlines
Remaining 2014 Classes
Start date subject to change.
Specific dates and deadlines will be posted soon.
The October class application is now closed.
The 2015 application is not open at this time.
Accepted applicants under 22 years of age must have a meningitis vaccination within the last 5 years and 10 days before the start of class.
Aptitude Test Dates
Aptitude Testing will be available only to applicants who have:
- Submitted complete applications using the online application process.
- Been approved by the pre-screening committee.
Once approval for testing has been granted, applicants will be contacted by email
with instructions for testing.
- Testing will be completed online.
- Travel to Tarrant County College in Fort Worth will not be necessary for testing.
- Notice for testing permission will be sent by email shortly after the application
Terri Kleam, TCC Northwest Campus Railroad Program Coordinator
4801 Marine Creek Parkway
Fort Worth, TX 76179-3599
Updated July 31, 2014