The Railroad Dispatcher Training Program is designed to train you in the rules, regulations and procedures of a railroad dispatcher. You use computer systems in a hands-on simulated dispatching environment.
After successfully completing our program, you will be able to move trains safely and efficiently across an assigned territory.
This certificate program is taught only on the Northwest Campus and requires specific time and cost commitments.
We are no longer accepting applications for the 2015 calendar year. Classes are full.
If you submitted an application that has not been processed yet, we will keep it on file in case additional classes are added.
When the 2016 application opens, we will post the class dates here. Thank you for your interest in our program.
To be eligible, you must:
- Have, as a required qualification, 30 semester hours of GPA credit from a regionally accredited college or university. Check your college's or university's website to make sure it is accredited by a regional accrediting agency.
- Be willing to transfer to another location if necessary.
- Submit complete, eligible application.
Selective Admissions Process
To become part of the Railroad Dispatcher Program, you must:
- Complete and submit the Application for the Railroad Dispatcher Training Program.
- Receive approval by the pre-screening panel and be scheduled for the Dispatcher Aptitude Test.
- Pass the Dispatcher Aptitude Test.
- Participate in an interview with a panel of industry representatives.
Once accepted into the program, you apply to TCC.
Dispatcher Aptitude Test
Aptitude Tests will be available only to applicants who have:
- Submitted complete and eligible applications using the online application process.
- Been approved by the pre-screening committee.
Once approval for testing has been granted, applicants will be contacted by email with instructions for testing.
- Testing will be completed online.
- Travel to TCC in Fort Worth will not be necessary for testing.
- Notice for testing permission will be sent by email.
Terri Kleam, Railroad Program Coordinator
4801 Marine Creek Parkway
Fort Worth, TX 76179-3599
Updated June 25, 2015