According to the American Association for Respiratory Care (AARC), the projected average salary of RTs working in the U.S. is over $62,000 a year.
AARC also finds that therapists just beginning their careers reported average annual earnings ranging from $42,078–47,297, which is approximately $20–23 per hour.
Find out more: AARC's Employment and Financial Outlook
Upon completion of our program, you may find career opportunities in:
- Sub-acute care
- Home care
- Physician offices
- Rehabilitation facilities
- Asthma education
- Hospice care
- Polysomnography / sleep studies
- Exercise and stress testing
- Transport / CareFlite medicine
Approximate Working Hours
8–12 hour shifts. Varies upon setting.
Projected Job Growth
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, "Employment of respiratory therapists is projected to grow 19 percent from 2012 to 2022, faster than the average for all occupations.”
- Occupational Outlook Handbook: Respiratory Therapists
- O*NET OnLine: Summary Report for Respiratory Therapists
Talk to an academic advisor
Appointments are required:
Questions? Call us:
- 817-515-2453 or
Updated March 10, 2016