The Respiratory Care Program is selective admissions, which means you have to meet certain requirements to apply.
Your eligibility is determined by your Applicant Score, which is based on:
- The grades you earned in college credit courses within the past five (5) years
- Specific work and continuing education experience
What Are the Application Requirements?
For your application to be considered, you must:
- Have a TCC Student Identification Number
You receive this number when you are accepted to TCC.
- Meet TCC’s Texas Success Initiative (TSI) requirements
- Have completed prerequisite science courses (or the equivalents) within five (5) years from time of deadline.
- BIOL 2401 (Anatomy & Physiology I)
- BIOL 2402 (Anatomy & Physiology II)
- BIOL 2420 (Microbiology)
- CHEM 1406 (Intro to Chemistry I – Allied Health)
How Do You Get My Applicant Score?
Students who participate in the program are selected based on the Applicant Score.
Applicant Score = Cumulative Grade Point Average of past 5 years + Bonus Points
Do I Have Bonus Points?
Bonus Points are assigned based on the grades you earned in school before applying
to this program.
For more details about the Bonus Point scale and the courses included, please see
the Respiratory Care Associate of Applied Science Degree Plan (PDF will open in a new window).
You have the option to earn additional bonus points through:
- Participation in specified continuing education courses
This bonus point option will not be offered for the 2014 application cycle.
- Attendance at Allied Health Information Session
This bonus point option is satisfied by completing a review of the Respiratory Care Program Information Packet (PDF will open in a new window).
- Work experience in a related field (PDFs will open in a new window)
How Do I Apply?
If you meet the application requirements, then you are eligible to download the following materials to apply (All documents are PDF and will open in a new window):
Healthcare Professions Division
Updated January 16, 2014