Program Cost Analysis
|Tuition and Fees||$715||$495||$385|
|ID, Drug Screen, etc.||$125||N/A||N/A|
|Tuition and Fees||$660||$825|
Assessment Test: $265
Approximate Total Cost: $6,150
This estimate is for Tarrant County residents. The total does not include price changes for new textbooks, cost for transportation, meals, parking fees, etc., that may be incurred when attending clinical practice.
Tuition for out-of-county Texas residents is an additional $34/semester hour.
Length of Program
Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.)
Deadline for Applying
Eligibility for National Registry and State Licensure
All graduates are eligible for NBRC entry level exam (CRT) along with the following exams:
Curriculum Including Academic Courses
- Anatomy & Physiology I and II
- English Composition I
- Human Relations/Psychology
- Humanities elective
- Medical Terminology
- Pharmacology for Health Professions
- Home care
- Physician office
- Asthma educators
- Hospice care
- Polysomnography/sleep studies
- Exercise and stress testing
- Transport/careflite medicine
Approximate Working Hours
8–12 hour shifts. Varies upon setting.
According to the 2009 Human Resources Study from the American Association for Respiratory Care (AARC), the projected annual earnings of Respiratory Therapists (RTs) working in the U.S. is $62,223.
In this study, therapists just beginning their careers reported average annual earnings ranging from $42,078–47,297, which is approximately $20–23/hour.
- Competitive admissions.
- You must be 18 years of age upon admittance.
- There is little or no time for outside work during program.
- You will have a great amount of patient contact with rotations through area hospitals and health care facilities from the second semester until the end of the program.
- A career in respiratory care is rewarding and lends itself to many different job opportunities.
- Current and future job market is excellent.
If you have a felony conviction, you may not be allowed to be licensed by the state of Texas to practice respiratory care.
Trinity River Campus East
Center for Health Care Professions
245 E. Belknap Street
Fort Worth, TX 76102
Healthcare Professions Division
Updated August 12, 2015