Scholarships for Respiratory Care
If you are currently enrolled in our Respiratory Care Program, you are eligible for
the scholarships listed below.
- No application is necessary; however a statement of financial need is required for
those scholarships that have need as a criterion.
- Additional information concerning scholarship, loans and student employment is available
from the Office of Financial Aid.
- Application for loans, scholarships or student employment may be made during the initial
interview with a counselor.
Tarrant County College Respiratory Care Club
- Awarded to a first year student, and a member of the Respiratory Care Club.
- Based upon financial need and scholastic ability. **
- Sponsored by the TCC Respiratory Care Club
The Breathsavers Scholarship
- Awarded to a single parent with good clinic attendance (no more than 2 absences) and
a GPA of at least 3.0. **
- Sponsored by Plaza Medical Center of Fort Worth
The John Hiser AARC President's Scholarship
- Based on leadership, scholastic ability, attitude, clinical performance and financial
- Sponsored by the AARC, TCC and John Hiser.
** Statement of financial need required.
Cristine Bernardez-Oakes Scholarship
- Awarded to a second year student.
- Based upon scholastic ability, clinical performance, attitude and interest in the
- Sponsored by the Bernardez family, the Farrar family and Dr. and Mrs. R. Daniell
All program scholarships range in value from $250 to $1250.
Area Hospital Scholarships
Some area hospitals offer scholarships that cover part or all of the expenses of the
program. The scholarships are based upon a commitment to work for the hospital following
graduation. Contact the Program Coordinator for details.
Texas Society for Respiratory Care
The Texas Society for Respiratory Care awards from 3 to 6 scholarships each year to
student members based upon an original paper written on a topic related to respiratory
care. Visit the Texas Society for Respiratory Care for details.
American Respiratory Care Foundation
The American Respiratory Care Foundation awards scholarships each year to both undergraduate and graduate students.
Trinity River Campus East
Center for Health Care Professions
245 E. Belknap Street
Fort Worth, TX 76102
Healthcare Professions Division
Updated June 29, 2015