The Surgical Technology Program is selective admissions, which means you have to meet certain requirements to apply.
Your eligibility is determined by your Applicant Score, which is based on:
- The grades you earned in college credit courses within the past 5 years
- Specific work and continuing education experience
What Are the Application Requirements?
For your application to be considered, you must:
- Have a TCC Student Identification Number
You receive this number when you are accepted to TCC.
- Have completed prerequisite science courses (or the equivalents) within 5 years from time of deadline.
- BIOL-2401 Anatomy & Physiology I
- BIOL-2402 Anatomy & Physiology II
- BIOL-2420 Microbiology
How Do I Apply?
If you meet the application requirements, then you are eligible to download the following materials to apply (All documents are PDF and will open in a new window):
- Surgical Technology Program Advisement Packet
Read this 4-page document to make sure you understand and can complete the selective admissions process.
- Surgical Technology Application Checklist
Use the Checklist as your map to confirm that you meet the requirements and complete the application process.
- Surgical Technology Certificate of Completion Plan
Refer to this document for details about prerequisite courses and Surgical Technology Program courses.
- 2016 Surgical Technology Certificate of Completion Application Packet (available November 1, 2015)
Healthcare Professions Division
Updated September 01, 2015