- Builds stronger resumes and college applications.
- Provides valuable experience to enhance employment opportunities.
- Develops leadership and personal management skills.
- Promotes self-confidence, builds respect, and interpersonal skills.
- Self-reflection leads to enhanced self-awareness and appreciation of talents.
- Broadens perspectives of diversity issues and enhances critical thinking skills.
- Helping others brings personal joy and increased satisfaction to collegiate experience.
- Makes curriculum relevant to students' lives.
- Builds a community within the classroom.
- Increases awareness of current societal issues.
- Establishes relationships with people in the community.
- Develops civic responsibility through active community involvement.
Updated May 27, 2014