Dual Credit Program
The Dual Credit program at Tarrant County College (TCC) provides students the opportunity to earn both college and high school credit while enrolled in high school (public, private, charter, or home school). Through an educational partnership, TCC and participating school districts approve students meeting program requirements to enroll in agreed upon courses.
Course credit will be awarded through the school district for high school academic requirements and the college for semester credit hours leading to a post-secondary degree or certificate.
- Limited to 11th and 12th grade (junior and/or senior) current high school students
- Complete all testing requirements
- EHS Enrollment Form must be approved by the TCC Registrar's Office
- The TCC course load shall not exceed two (2) courses per term
- Only undergraduate credit courses are eligible for dual or concurrent enrollment. High school students are unable to take a developmental course.
To apply for Dual Credit, submit the following:
- Online via TCC Active Apply.
What are the requirements to use Active Apply?
- Valid social security number
- Active email address
If you do not meet both of these requirements, you may print an EHS/DE Application (PDF opens in new window) and turn it in along with the rest of your dual credit paperwork.
- EHS Enrollment form (PDF opens in new window), signed by high school counselor or principal
- Official high school/home school transcript *Home school transcript MUST be notarized.
- Contact the campus on which you will take courses for college course placement information.
NOTE - Registration for Dual Credit courses cannot be completed online. Check with the TCC Dual Credit Director for your campus (listed below) for specific information.
After completing the Dual Credit admissions and registration process:
- Verify registration online
- Log in to WebAdvisor
- Select Students
- Select My Class Schedule under Academic Links
- Pay tuition or confirm payment
- Pick up a parking permit, if applicable
- Purchase textbooks, if applicable
For continued eligibility in the program, students must:
- Earn a minimum grade of "C" in each course attempted.
- Submit an EHS Enrollment form (PDF opens in new window) each semester. Forms may also be obtained at campus Registrar's offices.
A financial aid grant is available to Dual Credit students with demonstrated financial need for up to 4 semesters and 24 credit hours. The grant has limited funding and is allocated based on first-come, first-served basis. Even if you apply and meet eligibility requirements, the program may not have any funds to distribute. You should be prepared to pay for your courses and books.
- Apply for Federal student aid.
- Submit the DE Grant form (PDF opens in new window) to the Financial Aid office of the campus on which you are registered.
Trinity River Campus
Updated September 27, 2012