1098T Tax Information
In accordance with the Taxpayer Relief Act of 1997, a 1098-T form will be provided
to students. The Act provides for tax credits if the student meets certain qualifications.
Items to remember:
- Tuition and fees directly related to your education are allowed as a tax credit, whereas
other fees are not included.
- Scholarships or grants are considered deductions and are reported separately.
- Refunds and waivers reduce the reported tuition and fees.
- The dollar figures provided on the 1098T form are determined by reviewing the institutional
records of billings and credits for the calendar year. This may or may not reflect
what you paid during the tax year.
- You should reference and compare your own documentation from the semesters attended.
- We strongly suggest you involve your tax advisor in reporting the appropriate amounts.
- The College reports 1098T tax information to the IRS.
College for All Texans provides additional information for tax credits.
To access your 1098T tax form:
- Login to WebAdvisor
- Select Students
- Select 1098T Tax Information under Financial Information
More information about your 1098T tax form and how to use it can be found in the 1098T Frequently Asked Questions. (PDF will open in a new window.)
Updated March 18, 2014