In order for Tarrant County College to determine your eligibility for financial aid, you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) provided online by the U.S. Department of Education.
How to Apply
- Apply to TCC
- Submit your FAFSA
- Enter Tarrant County College's school code: 003626
- Utilize the IRS Retrieval Tool directly from your FAFSA when possible
- Make certain you are using the correct academic year when completing the FAFSA:
- 2014-2015 FAFSA: Fall 2014, Spring 2015 and Summer 2015
- The FAFSA may also be completed over the phone by calling 1-800-433-3243
- Verify your application (if applicable)
- TCC will send a notice via your TCC email and/or WebAdvisor if you are selected and explain the next steps to follow.
- Submit any other documentation as requested by Student Financial Aid Services.
- To ensure availability of funding, all items must be completed and submitted by the
following priority deadlines:
Fall - May 1*
- Spring - October 1
- Summer - April 1
Note: You must reapply annually for financial aid.
Approximately 2-4 weeks after Student Financial Aid Services has received all of your information, you will be notified via your TCC e-mail/Web Advisor that an award letter is available detailing your eligibility for aid.
*Students who are fully admitted to TCC, apply for aid and have all paperwork completed by May 1 will be considered for Federal, State and Institutional aid. All others will be considered for available aid.
Watch Three Steps to Financial Aid to learn more about who's eligible for financial aid and the different types of aid available.
Additional FAFSA Help
Need help filling out the FAFSA?
The 7 Easy Steps to the FAFSA (Link will open in a new window) instructional video, courtesy of the University of California, can help walk you through the process.
Application Instructions for Undocumented Students
Undocumented/DACA students who have been admitted to TCC under Senate Bill 1528 Provisions (which allow non-citizens to pay Texas resident tuition) may be eligible for State aid.
Fill out the TASFA Application and view a complete list of instructions on our Application Checklist for Undocumented Students. See your campus's Financial Aid Office for additional information.
Students who want an early estimate of their federal student aid eligibility may complete a FAFSA4caster. The FAFSA4caster offers students an experience similar to the FAFSA on the Web and increases the student's knowledge of the federal aid application process.
Updated September 14, 2015