To receive the Stars of Tomorrow award, applicants must:
- Be a resident of Tarrant County for tuition purposes.
- Graduate in the top 50 percent of any public or private high school class or be exempt
from Texas Success Initiative (TSI) (PDF will open in a new window) requirements through approved tests.
- Eligibility for home-schooled students who reside in Tarrant County and graduates
of high schools who do not have a class rank system is based on TSI exemption through
- Be at or below the following family income thresholds, as reported on the FAFSA.
|No. in Household
- Enroll within one year of high school graduation.
- Students who graduate in May:
- Are eligible beginning the fall semester after graduation.
- Can apply for and receive the award in the spring or summer semester after graduation--but
only if they have not attended another college or university in the interim.
- Who do not meet eligibility criteria can enroll at TCC in the fall semester after
their graduation and apply for and receive an award the following spring by having
enrolled for a minimum of nine (9) semester hours during the fall and passing at least
six (6) semester hours with an overall GPA of 2.25 or better.
- Enroll at TCC for a minimum of six (6) semester hours during any semester.
- Attendance at a Stars of Tomorrow orientation/advisement session(PDF will open in a new window). Declaration of a major will be mandated at this session if not already made.
- Continuation of the award requires, over two consecutive semesters (with summer counting
as one semester), passing at least two-thirds of all semester hours attempted with
an overall GPA of 2.25 or better.
Updated July 02, 2014