Stars of Tomorrow
The Stars of Tomorrow program provides financial awards to graduating public, private or home-schooled high school students who are in the top half of their class and whose families meet specified income thresholds.
Funding is comprised of state and federal financial aid and income from the earnings from the leasing of mineral rights and other private sources.
To qualify for the Stars of Tomorrow program, students are required to:
- Apply for admission to TCC
- Apply for federal student aid
- Meet Stars of Tomorrow program requirements
- Attend a Stars of Tomorrow orientation session Listen(PDF will open in new window)
The Stars of Tomorrow application process above must be completed by July 1.
The program provides up to $4,000 over a maximum of six semesters, depending on the number of enrolled semester hours.
- $800 = 12+ semester hours
- $600 = 9 - 11 semester hours
- $400 = 6 - 8 semester hours
If state and federal aid to be received by recipients is less than the amount of the award for a given semester, the balance will come from the fund.
Updated November 04, 2015