Men of Color Mentoring Program
Is Men of Color Mentoring for Me?
- Are you the first of your family or friends to go to college?
- Do language barriers make getting through college more difficult?
- Are you unsure where to turn when you need help or guidance in and out of school?
If any of these apply, then TCC’s Men of Color Mentoring (MCM) Program is for you!
MCM can help you stay in school and succeed.
Support the unique experiences and perspectives of men of color
- Connect participants with academic and student services
- Support college completion by aiding student success
- Connect participants with encouraging faculty, staff, administrators, community leaders
and like-minded students
All while having fun (check out pictures of our recent 3on3 Hoopfest)!
Mentors to Guide You
A trained mentor connects weekly with mentee participants.
- Provide academic and personal support
- Attend and participate in mentoring activities
- Help guide mentees through difficult situations
MCM and You
- Establish relationships with role models
- Are recognized for success
- Learn leadership skills
- Develop academic and career goals
- Have opportunities to attend national, state and local conferences
- Create a network of educational and professional contacts
- Learn how to identify and access academic and student resources
If you are interested, please fill out our online application.
The Men of Color Mentoring Program is available to all students enrolled at TCC.
Updated April 14, 2014