College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
If you want to earn college credit by exhibiting mastery of a college subject, you can participate with the College Level Examination Program.
- All TCC Testing Centers administer all 33 CLEP exams.
- Visit the College Board CLEP Web pages for exam descriptions and fact sheets.
- CLEP exams are administered by appointment only–on all TCC campuses.
- You do not have to be currently enrolled as a TCC student to take a CLEP exam in one of the TCC Testing Centers.
- Official results can take up to four weeks.
- All our Testing Centers process CLEP scores from other colleges for TCC credit.
2016 Test Dates
|Schedule test appointments by phone?|
|Northeast||Jan. 25 - Apr. 15||No|
|Northwest||Jan. 25 - Apr. 15||Yes|
|South||Feb. 1 - May 6||No|
|Southeast||Jan. 26 - May 5||No|
|Trinity River||Feb. 1 - May 6||Yes|
CLEP Exams and Your TCC Courses
- TCC gives credit for 20 of the 33 CLEP exams and allows up to 18 semester hours to be earned toward a degree.
- A student must be enrolled at least one full term at TCC and be enrolled at TCC during the term for which credit is posted on the permanent record.
- $80 CLEP exam fee
- $15 TCC administration fee
- $25 transcript posting fee (per course)
- There is a 3-month waiting period.
- The exam fee and administration fee must be repaid.
Contact your campus Testing Center for more information.
Have questions? AskTCC
Updated January 05, 2016