Non-Texans in the Military

Tuition for Non-Texans

  • If you did not select Texas as your home of record when you entered the service, and you have not taken steps to change your permanent residence with the military to Texas, you are classified as a Non-Texan for tuition-paying purposes.
  • If you are a Non-Texan service member, you, your spouse and your dependent children must pay the non-resident tuition rate unless you qualify for a waiver under Texas statutes. For more information about waiver programs, select the program category that best applies to you. 

Non-Texas Tuition Waivers

To apply for a waiver program, you'll need documents from the military showing that you meet the requirements of the program for which you're applying.

College for All Texans provides Texas residents with a list of waivers and exemptions, including the following:

  • If you are stationed in Texas
  • During first assignment after Texas
  • If family's intent is to make Texas home
  • Survivors
  • Spouse and dependents who previously lived in Texas
  • Honorably discharged or separated veterans
  • NATO forces
  • Radiological Science students at Midwestern State University 


Have questions? AskTCC
Hours and Locations
817-515-4REG (4734)


Updated July 31, 2014


Tarrant County College District 1500 Houston Street Fort Worth, Texas 76102 • Information Center: 817-515-8223 Hearing / Speech Impaired (TTY)
Online Institutional Resumes (per Sec. 51A.002, Texas Education Code) • An Achieving the Dream Institution
Report A Problem • Report Fraud