Texans in the Military

Tuition for Texans

  • If you selected Texas as your home of record upon entering the service, and officially changed your permanent residence to another state by submitting a form to the military, you are considered a Texan for tuition purposes.
  • If you continue to be a Texas resident, you are eligible to pay the resident tuition rate. This is true if you're taking traditional classes while living in Texas, or stationed out of state or out of the country while taking classes via distance learning.
  • If you meet the conditions above, your spouse and dependent children are also Texas residents and eligible to pay the resident tuition rate, unless they have established or maintained a separate residence from you.

Documents you can use to prove Texas residence include:

  • Papers from the military indicating Texas was your home of record at time of entry into service; and
  • Leave and earnings statement showing Texas is still your permanent address with the military.

College for All Texans provides Texas residents with a list of waivers and exemptions.


Have questions? AskTCC
Hours and Locations
817-515-4REG (4734)




Updated July 31, 2014


Tarrant County College District 1500 Houston Street Fort Worth, Texas 76102 • Information Center: 817-515-8223 Hearing / Speech Impaired (TTY)
Online Institutional Resumes (per Sec. 51A.002, Texas Education Code) • An Achieving the Dream Institution
Report A Problem • Report Fraud