(All links will open in a new window.)
If you are a returning service member of Operation Enduring Freedom/Operation Iraqi
Freedom (OEF/OIF), many benefits may be available to you. Learn more by viewing the
following links, which are provided by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).
You may also view this information on the VA’s website, Returning Service Members (OEF/OIF).
Eligibility for Benefits
Do you need help finding out where to go or who to speak with about your possible
- Vet Centers: Talk with a fellow Veteran.
- PTSD Coach: Use this mobile app to help you manage PTSD symptoms.
- USACares (Telephone: 800-773-038)
- Small monthly grants
- No-interest loans
- Transitional emergency financial assistance
- Referral services
- Helps veterans develop realistic budget
- Donors can view veteran profiles on the Rebuild Hope and easily make donor-advised gifts.
- National Association of American Veterans
- May provide a one-time grant for:
- Mortgage assistance
- Home repair/maintenance
- Vehicle repair/maintenance
- Medical expenses
- Transportation expenses
- Texas Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW)
- Veterans and their families in need of assistance can contact the Texas VFW Foundation
Announcements from the VA
- VAntage point blog
Dispatches from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
Updated February 04, 2015