(All links will open in a new window.)
Returning Service Members of Operation Enduring Freedom/Operation Iraqi Freedom (OEF/OIF)
Many benefits may be available to you. Learn more by viewing the following links,
which are provided by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).
You may also view this information on the VA’s website, Returning Service Members (OEF/OIF).
Eligibility for Benefits
Do you need help finding out where to go or who to speak with about your possible
- VetSuccess on Campus may be able to assist you or direct you where you need to go.
- You may also get help from your local VA OEF/OIF Team.
- Vet Centers: Talk with a fellow Veteran.
- PTSD Coach: Use this mobile app to help you manage PTSD symptoms.
Emergency Financial Assistance for Veterans
- USACares (Telephone: 800-773-038)
- Small monthly grants
- No-interest loans
- Transitional emergency financial assistance
- Referral services
- Helps veterans develop realistic budget
- Donors can view veteran profiles on the Rebuild Hope and easily make donor-advised gifts.
- National Association of American Veterans
- May provide a one-time grant for:
- Mortgage assistance
- Home repair/maintenance
- Vehicle repair/maintenance
- Medical expenses
- Transportation expenses
- Texas Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW)
- Veterans and their families in need of assistance can contact the Texas VFW Foundation
Announcements from the VA
- VAntage point blog
Dispatches from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
Updated January 27, 2014