TCC faculty, staff and students are automatically registered to receive voice and TCC email messages via myTCC Alerts, the College's emergency notification system. This Web-based service sends high-priority messages during urgent situations.
Manage your contact profile to the service online through myTCC Alerts. You can update your contact information for receiving alerts, and you can add, delete or update your devices.
How to Manage Your myTCC Alerts
- Go to myTCC Alerts.
- Select the Sign Me Up! (next to the Login button) to get started.
- Enter your information to receive an email from the Blackboard Connect system.
- Select the link provided in the email to sign into the system.
- Select Edit contact information once you are logged in to the system.
- Go to the Find Contacts section, enter your TCC Colleague Number as your identification code and submit.
- Enter your TCC email or phone number and select Associate when prompted.
- Go to the Contact Info section. You can now edit, add or delete any alert devices attached to your profile.
Printable Guide to Managing myTCC Alerts (PDF will open in a new window)
More About myTCC Alerts
- The alert service is currently available and will be used in emergencies, drills and exercises, including campus closings.
- Any time you log in to myTCC Alerts, you can edit your alert devices and update your contact information.
- While not mandatory, it is recommended that you to enter a device to receive a text message. A text message will very likely be the most convenient, immediate and reliable
way to receive an alert during an emergency situation.
- Notifications will still be available through voice and email unless you change your profile.
- Emergency information will still be communicated by the main TCC phone line and TCC website.
- Alerts will appear like other text messages normally do on your device. The message will be sent by TCC officials and inform you of the situation status.
- The cost of the text messages will be handled according to your carrier and plan, just like your other texts. There is no additional fee.
- You can add up to 14 different devices to your profile to receive myTCC Alerts.
W. Kirk Driver, Emergency Management Coordinator
Updated July 14, 2015