On Campus Safety
- Never leave your personal property unsecured or unattended.
- Never leave books, purses or book bags unattended in public places including the library,
bookstore, gym, study areas or computer labs.
- Use available lockers.
- Mark your books so you are able to identify them if they are stolen.
- Look around and be aware of your surroundings when you enter and exit a building.
- Do not prop outside doors.
- Always tell someone where you are going and what time you expect to return.
- Be aware of your surroundings and think about how you would defend yourself. Develop
a game plan for prevention.
- Know where the telephones are located. Know how to dial emergency numbers.
- Avoid walking alone, particularly after dark.
- Stay on well-lighted, well-peopled paths. Isolated spots on campus can compromise
- Walk with confidence and determination, holding your head up. Frequently check your
- Avoid shortcuts. The shortest route is not always the safest route.
- Dress for mobility, particularly after dark.
- Carry your personal belongings in a backpack or similar container that will enable
your arms and hands to be free at all times.
- Never allow someone to predict your route of travel.
- Whether you are driving, biking, walking or jogging, frequently alter your route between
campus and your residence.
- Do not hesitate to report unusual behavior to Police and notify the appropriate personnel
if there is any breach of security around campus.
- Keep a log of equipment names, model numbers and serial numbers. Keep a photo record
or video record of items.
In Case of Emergency
- Emergencies: Dial 911
- TCC Police: Dial 817-515-8911 (or 58911 from any on-campus telephone)
For the Fastest Response
For the fastest response to an emergency of any type, all efforts should be made to
contact the TCC Police Department first. TCC officers are already on campuses, and
they know the campuses well.
Dialing 911 from a cell phone on a campus will not connect you to the TCC Police Department
but will connect you to the municipal public safety call center closest to your location.
Please report any errors or dead links to Shane Bunch (firstname.lastname@example.org), TCC Police webmaster
Updated June 16, 2014