- Do not use passwords that are based on words you can find in the dictionary.
- Do not use consecutive numbers or letters.
- Use both upper and lowercase letters.
- Use a combination of both letters and numbers.
- Try to ensure that your passwords are a minimum of 6-8 characters long.
- Do not write your passwords down if you can help it, but if you must, do not leave
them on or near the computer.
- If you must store personal information on your machine, encrypt it.
In The Office
- When leaving the office unattended, even for a short period of time, secure your personal
effects and do not leave office keys lying in plain sight.
- Notify campus police if you notice suspicious persons or vehicles, especially after
normal working hours.
- Be extra careful in stairwells and isolated or poorly-lighted restrooms.
- In an elevator, stand near the controls and locate the emergency button.
- Do not get in an elevator with someone who looks suspicious to you.
- Know your co-workers and look out for each other.
In Case of Emergency
- Emergencies: Dial 911
- TCC Police: Dial 817-515-8911 (or 58911 from any on-campus telephone)
For the Fastest Response
For the fastest response to an emergency of any type, all efforts should be made to
contact the TCC Police Department first. TCC officers are already on campuses, and
they know the campuses well.
Dialing 911 from a cell phone on a campus will not connect you to the TCC Police Department
but will connect you to the municipal public safety call center closest to your location.
Please report any errors or dead links to Shane Bunch (firstname.lastname@example.org), TCC Police webmaster
Updated June 16, 2014