Professional Development Courses
Quick Program Facts
- Number of courses: 6
- Total hours: 440
- Cost: $940 (for entire program)
- See Time & Cost
- Admission: Requires acceptance into program
- Financial aid: TPEG, TCC Foundation
- Campus: Northwest
- Types of instruction: classroom and simulation lab
- Certificate: TCC Certificate of Completion
- No guarantee of employment
Subject to Change
- Monday, October 16
We will post future class dates as soon as they are scheduled.
Our program will teach you the rules, regulations and procedures of a railroad dispatcher.
You will use computer systems in a hands-on simulated dispatching environment to learn to move trains safely and efficiently across an assigned territory.
Eligibility Requirements and Prerequisites
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have, as a required qualification, 30 semester hours of GPA credit from a regionally accredited college or university
- Meet TCC admission requirements
- Be willing to transfer to another location if necessary
Credentials in Detail
After completing this program, you will receive a TCC Certificate of Completion.
Courses You Will Take
Check availability: Go to the Course Sections Offered by Term page and scroll down to Continuing Education Terms.
- LMGT-1000 RRD: TWC Rules Simulation
- LMGT-1002 RRD: Intro to RR Ops & Rules
- LMGT-1003 RRD: CTC Rules Simulation
- LMGT-1004 RRD: GCOR/TDO COM Rules
- LMGT-1064 RRD: Dispatcher Operations Training
- LMGT-1093 RRD: TSS/CAD Software Training
How to Apply: Selective Admissions Process
- Apply to the Railroad Dispatcher Program:
- Complete and submit the Railroad Dispatcher Program Application
- Receive approval by the pre-screening panel
- Be scheduled for the Railroad Dispatcher Aptitude Test after receiving approval
- Pass the Railroad Dispatcher Aptitude Test
- Participate in an interview with a panel of industry representatives.
- Apply to TCC once you are accepted into the Railroad Dispatcher program.
See our Railroad Dispatcher FAQ.
Community & Industry Education Services
Terri Kleam, Program Coordinator
2301 Horizon Drive
Fort Worth, TX 76177
Updated July 17, 2017