Interested in free training?
Thanks to a grant from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), you can take TCC Wastewater Operator Program courses for free and work toward a career as a wastewater operator.
Learn more and see if you are eligible: EPA Grant-sponsored Wastewater Operator Training.
Questions? Email Marisa Reyes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Professional Development Courses
Quick Program Facts
- Number of courses: 9
- Total hours: 424
- Accreditation: Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TECQ)
- Cost: $2,188
- Financial Aid: TPEG, TCC Foundation
- Campus: Northwest
- Types of instruction: classroom, lab and internship
- Certificate: TCC Certificate of Completion
- CEUs: 42.4
Our program curriculum provides you with the technical skills and knowledge to operate and maintain wastewater treatment plants effectively and safely.
You will learn how to:
- Produce high quality, clean, safe treated water for discharge to the environment or for reuse
- Prevent public health hazards from water-borne pathogens
- Manage receiving water watershed environmental quality
- Monitor wastewater treatment processes using sampling and laboratory techniques efficiently
The program courses are intended for:
- Entry-level employees
- Experienced operators who want to enhance their knowledge
- Experienced operators who seek training hours toward license renewal
Credentials in Detail
After completing this program, you will receive a certificate of completion, and you will be eligible to apply and test for the appropriate TCEQ licensing exam provided all other TCEQ requirements are met.
Courses You Will Take
Check availability: Go to the Course Sections Offered by Term page and scroll down to Continuing Education Terms.
- EPCT-1025 Basic Wastewater Operations
- EPCT-2050 Wastewater Treatment
- EPCT-2021 Wastewater Collection
- EPCT-1092 Wastewater Laboratory
- EPCT-2025 Water Utility Calculations
- EPCT-1030 Water Utility Safety
- TECM-1013 Math Basics
- EPCT-1052 HAZWOPER Training
- EPCT-1092 Internship–Wastewater
2016 Training Schedule
How to Apply
Register for the Wastewater Operations–Operator program courses.
Current operators have the option of taking individual courses that can provide in-service training or on-site training.
Community & Industry Education Services
Updated July 18, 2016