Available on Trinity River Campus East Only
Surgical Technology is a selective admission, 11-month certificate of completion program.
Role of the Surgical Technologist
The surgical technologist helps surgeons, anesthesiologists and registered nurses care for patients in the operating room. Duties include:
- Setting up the back table
- Gathering the instruments, equipment and supplies needed for each surgical procedure
- Maintaining the sterile field and passing instruments to the surgeon
- Assisting the surgeon during the surgical procedure–when asked
- Taking all the used equipment and instruments to decontamination at the end of the procedure
For more details, see Surgical Technology from the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP).
The Surgical Technology Program prepares graduates who are excellent and ethical surgical technologists with qualities needed to provide exceptional compassionate and caring patient care.
Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) Exam Pass Rate
- 100%: 2013
- 100%: 2014
- 100%: 2015
Student Retention Rate
- 79%: 2013
- 77%: 2014
- 77%: 2015
Our Surgical Technology Program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP), 1361 Park Street, Clearwater, Florida 33756. Telephone: 727-210-2350.
Attending an information session is not an application requirement. You do not have to reserve a place, but seating is limited to the first 100 people.
2016 Dates & Times
- Saturday, December 3, at noon
All information sessions:
- Place: Trinity River Campus East (map)
- Room: TRHA 1050 (first floor)
Talk to an academic advisor
Appointments are required:
Questions? Call us:
- 817-515-2453 or
Updated October 20, 2016