Dual Credit Student
You're a Dual Credit student if you are a junior or senior in high school and want to earn college credit while attending high school.
To participate in Dual Credit, high school students must meet the same standards as the general college student. This includes appropriate test scores and GPA as well as sometimes providing residency documentation.
- Notify your high school counselor of your interest in participating in our Dual Credit Program
- Attend your high school's Dual Credit Application & Pre-Assessment Activity (PAA)
Session before taking the Texas Success Initiative (TSI) Assessment
- Dual Credit Coordinators will administer the PAA at your high school and will document your participation.
- The PAA includes the following:
- An explanation of the importance of the TSI Assessment
- Practice test questions and feedback
- Information on campus and community resources to achieve success as a college student
- Fill out TCC's online application
- Participate in your school's scheduled testing or go to any TCC Testing Center to take the TSI Assessment (if necessary)
- Submit the supporting documentation and enrollment form to register
- Pay for Dual Credit courses
- Purchase or rent your course materials before classes begin
- Attend Dual Credit Orientation at your high school.
Stay in Dual Credit
For continued eligibility in the program, you must:
- Earn a minimum grade of "C" in each course attempted.
- Attend class 85% of the time.
- Failure to do so may result in the professor dropping you from the class.
- Not drop a Dual Credit course without permission from your high school counselor.
- If granted permission, see the tuition refund schedule.
- Meet course prerequisite requirements before enrolling in a classes.
- Submit a High School Early Enrollment formListen (PDF will open in new window) each semester.
- You can get forms at campus Registrar's offices.
Richard Vela, Director of Dual Credit
Updated August 23, 2016