TCC does not have an admissions test, however you may need to take a placement test.
All new-to-college students are required to take a placement test to determine college readiness in reading, writing and mathematics before enrolling in restricted courses.
The Texas Success Initiative Assessment (TSI) is the state-approved placement test. To satisfy (TSI) and course prerequisite requirements, you must meet or exceed the minimum passing standards.
Before You Take a Test
Whether you are testing for TCC or another institution, you must:
- Complete a TCC Application for Admission
- Have a TCC ID number
Each campus provides a testing center and offers a variety of tests, which may include:
- TSI Assessment
- College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
- Credit-by-Exam (CBE)
- eLearning testing
- General Education Development (GED)
- HESI A2 Admission Assessment
Other Testing Services include:
- Advanced Placement (AP) petition for TCC course credit
- A government-issued photo ID is mandatory!
Examples: driver’s license, passport, military ID or high school ID
- All electronic devices—including cell phones, smart watches, Bluetooth headphones—must be turned off and stored outside of the testing site.
- Pencils and scratch paper will be provided.
Our Testing Services Mission Statement:
To promote student success, Testing Services at Tarrant County College seeks to provide comprehensive, quality testing services in a calm, secure environment. We strive to give prompt, courteous and knowledgeable service to all students and to promote honesty, integrity and fairness in all testing procedures. Testing Services subscribes to the mission and standards outlined by the National College Testing Association (NCTA).
Contact your campus Testing Center for more information.
Have questions? AskTCC
Updated July 14, 2016