Mission and Goals
To provide affordable and open access to quality online teaching and learning.
A distance learning course is any course in which a student receives more than one-half of the instruction at a different location from that of the instructor.
The director of eLearning , in collaboration with the appropriate College District administrators and faculty, shall be responsible for:
- Providing approval, coordination, delivery and evaluation of courses and programs;
- Implementing and managing effective instructional technology and related resources to facilitate courses and programs;
- Ensuring all courses and programs are comparable and meet the quality standards applicable to on-campus courses and programs;
- Providing faculty members with ongoing technical and pedagogical training and with support services that are appropriate and specific to eLearning ;
- Ensuring that students enrolled in eLearning courses are provided appropriate academic services, student services and technical support; and
- Providing eLearning students with an adequate procedure for resolving complaints
TCCD Policies and Procedures: eLearning (PDF file will open in a new window)
Updated January 13, 2015